Apprentice Job Description
Our Apprentice will work alongside our experienced printers developing skills required in terms of printer operation, creation of digital artwork and all aspects of digital print.
Duties to include;
- The operation and basic maintenance of monochrome and colour digital printers.
- To learn the process of Colour Management for Digital Printing to achieve high quality output.
- To use RIPS and other print and design software in order to create print ready files.
- Using wide format inkjet printers in order to create posters and signage on a variety of media.
- All aspects of print finishing for digital and wide format print.
- A commitment to train for a Technical Certificate at NVQ Level 3
- To provide a professional service to customers delivering and collecting print and other work via face to face, email and telephone.
- Learning the use of Adobe cc and other design software's.
- Creating, editing and adjusting digital files to make them print ready, using adobe cc and other DTP packages.
- Receiving and processing orders from our ecommerce platform.
- Dealing with cash and card payments.
- Monitoring stock levels and processing stock orders.
- General admin duties including responding to emails and incoming calls.
- All work to be carried out with a customer focused attitude, providing excellent customer service with a proactive work ethic.
- To maintain confidentiality of information and to comply with requirements related to the Data Protection Act.
- To undertake any necessary training and development required including appropriate health and safety courses
- Must have a flexible approach to working and be able to work effectively as part of a team and to follow policies and procedures as instructed.
How to apply
Please email your cv along with a cover letter to our director.
For more information please feel free to email or call us on 01282 421000